Communities in Schools of Wilkes and Alexander Counties
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
For over 30 years, Communities In Schools has worked to ensure that every child receives these “Five Basics”:
• A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
• A safe place to learn and grow
• A healthy start and a healthy future
• A marketable skill to use upon graduation
• A chance to give back to peers and community